Saturday, March 3, 2007

Friday Night Primer


I should have won an Endurance Award for yesterday:

1) Into work at 5:45am for a very busy Friday. Baseball team bus crash consumes us, as does AL Tornado aftermath. Tragedy at every corner, and very depressing news. On the up side, I did break my own editing record - pumped out 47 audio cuts on a regular shift. Felt accomplished, and added a skip to my step.

2) Train nightmares had me missing 2 locals because they were CRAMMED full of people. I emerge from subway and catch a cab home in a hurry - because I've got to change clothes and do quick turnaround for personal training session.

3) Personal training with Sonja is good for body and soul. At one point, when I was lifting weights in an awkward lunge position - my body asked me, "WHY are you doing this to me?" I ignored my body and pushed through what Sonja called our "Total Body Workout" - which today, has become "Total Body Sore"

4) Brandy's back in town for 2 weeks before her play goes on to St. Louis and Cincinnati. I got a snapshot of her when I stopped by a salon on my way back the gym. We caught up over her cuticles.

5) This is where the day/evening takes a turn. A time and place where madness and NYC moments enter the scene. Friday Night Lights deserves its own entry. Read on.

No comments: