Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Muscle Relaxers - Loopy!

Finally got into a doctor today - had 20 minutes to make appointment - so I hopped a cab and made it with seconds to spare. As always the case, you race there - but then are immediately sidelined with massive paperwork so you don't actually get in to see anyone for 45 minutes. Doctor asked all the appropriate questions, but she looked my age - which kind of freaked me out. [You know you're getting old when a) your doctors become younger than you, or b) professional athletes are way younger than you]. Anyway, Dr. Young Thang gave me a muscle relaxer prescription and referred me to an Otho. surgeon. The first available appointment for him was March 18th - ouch! I really hope my back corrects itself between now and then or I'll be in a world of hurt - and don't want to have to do an ER visit. Got my prescription filled, and headed home to let it ride. Popped it and passed out, and woke up feeling a bit better.
Got a fun call from my friend Jeff in DC tonight - which was nice. Can't believe I used to see him about once a week for more than 2 years - and now, just play catch-up over phone every 6 months or so. We took a trip down memory lane, recounting tons of nutty nights in the nation's capital. One of the funniest was when we solved nearly all the world's problems through debate and compromise over 8 margaritas each. He still says, "I can't believe we didn't write any of that down." Anyway, he's been working a ton, but hope he gets up for a visit soon, as there are always world problems to solve.
Shout out to Nicola & Jonathan for their newest arrival - a little boy born this morn. Hope they got my diaper genie.

1 comment:

KinglyCharacter said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad to hear you have some good drugs.