Friday, March 23, 2007

Camp Run Amok

I'm not going to candy-coat it... my life sucks at current:

1) I hate my gym. They swiped my debit card instead of my credit card for my mega-expensive personal training sessions, resulting in a very unpleasant surprise at the ATM machine on Tuesday.

2) I hate my gym. Because I called three times Tuesday, two times Wednesday and twice yesterday to sort out the credit card fumble - and I'm still awaiting a call back. 'Jasmine' at the front desk took the messages. But it appears 'Jasmine' didn't do anything with those messages. I finally got in touch with my personal trainer last night, who then got in touch with the Head of Trainers - who then called me. She says she'll take care of it today... but it's Friday and this mayhem isn't over. We'll see. Also - someone should fire 'Jasmine'

3) I hate my gym. They still haven't refunded me for my stolen ipod, and my trainer told me 'Jasmine' was at the front desk when the crime occurred. I've decided that in protest of 'Jasmine,' I will never wear the jasmine scent. In protest of my gym, I will not even date a guy named Jim or wear any jewelry containing a gem for 2 months.

4) Biggest blow: After a long stint of no communication which led to some concern on my end, ex-boyfriend Sid in NZ finally shot me an email. It was uncharacteristically matter-of-fact and void of our usual fun rapport. The same email said he now has a girlfriend and that he's unable to take extended calls from me. I am devastated; I really have lost my best friend. All I want to do is bury myself under bed covers and cry.

The way my luck's going - he will marry this girl, and stop any communication altogether - like most of my guy friends do.

5) Went to JMU alumni event last night with Sarah - and we were the oldest class contingency there, which sucked. There are only so many times you can talk about the fire drills at Eagle Hall before wanting to slit your own wrists. We left bored and drunk. Sarah grabbed a car service and I walked home in the rain.

There will be lots and lots and lots of alcohol, carbs, and M&Ms in my future.

1 comment:

1proudcat said...

buck up little camper, we'll beat this mountain.

at least you're not at work today...that place sucks. oh wait forget it.

cheers to alcohol and m&m's!