Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tights and Tutus!


Tonight was a wonder. I met my friend Heather near Lincoln Center promptly after work - to find that she wanted to surprise me with tickets to the NYC Ballet's "Nutcracker" performance! It was WONDERFUL. I cannot even begin to explain how moved I was - from thinking about past performances when I was a little girl accompanied by my Dad to the Washington Ballet - to now... the way Tschaikovsky’s incomparable score is set to story - and the amazing grace and power of these amazing performers. I did have some tears well up when thinking about the beauty in which I was witnessing. Everything about tonight was perfect; company, experience, and after-event dinner. We ducked into an intimate French bistro and - over wine and pate - reminded ourselves why we were alive. I think the French waiter even winked at me. Even better!

No comments: