Friday, December 15, 2006

Deep Thoughts

Painted town magenta and ruby red last night with Brandy. From hip club to swank hotel bar to fratty wall street bar to neighborhood hole-in-the-wall - we ran the gamut of NYC nightlife. Was very fun - but one of those nights that prompts the next day statement: "I gotta start making some changes in my life." Shook off cobwebs and rolled into work.
BEEN THINKIN'
1) Thank goodness I've got a blowout tonight; my hair is slicker than Greasy Bear Brandon Davis.
2) No clue what to get my brothers for Christmas. Hit me with suggestions.
3) Text messaging to cancel plans is such a cop out - in most cases, it's just so that someone doesn't have to hear the disappointment in voice of that of whom they're disappointing. Man up and make the call.
4) I'm going on date tonight with new guy. Venue selection was made on midpoint location - which puts us at "Mustang Sally's" around 10pm. Might as well head to "Applebee's" and "Olive Garden" in Times Square next for more cheese.
5) I really like the Old Navy slogan "Get Your Fash' On" even though I hate their clothes. That said, the complete opposite applies to the new "Love, Peace, and Gap" marketing campaign, which I hate but like their clothes.
6) Anyone know where I can find bar trivia in this city? Not the lame electronic kind - but the kind where I can gather smart friends, answer team questions, and dominate.
7) Frank Stallone showed up in the newsroom today. He is dead ringer for brother, Sly - and has music in the new "Rocky" movie. The dude seriously has a website. I checked it out for a chuckle: www.frankstallone.com
8) I've got some crazy, green handbag envy going on. I thought I had the killer Michael Kors bag - that is, until Daniela at work showed me her new Michael Kors bag. It's bigger, shinier, and newer - but I think mine still has more character. Battle of the bags continues...

5 comments:

daniela said...

Mine is also heavier!! The thing weighs a ton. And oh, for the record..its a marc jacobs. Regardless they are both fab!!

logangal said...

Don't mock me Daniela!

KinglyCharacter said...

ladies, ladies, both your bags are lovely!

s1 said...

Turn your fash off. That slogan sucks.

So does Applebees. Olive Garden rocks, however. As does Marc Jacobs.

Adam Johnson said...

I'd get your brother a Frank Stallone handbag...just a thought...