Thursday, January 4, 2007

Moroccan Mass

MOROCCAN NIGHTS
So gal pal Alex and I sought out a chic and underground place called Kemia - in Hell's Kitchen. She had heard the mojitos were amazing, and I was game - so we headed to this hip joint and tried to see if it lived up to the hype. It did... major league. http://www.kemiabarny.com/
After a couple rounds, we started talking about one of her Match prospects, an Irish guy named Martin. Now, Martin is straight-up Irish, and indicated to her that he should go to Mass soon. She, being half Catholic - half Jewish decided that if he asked her to Mass, she would go. Now her mother converted from Catholicism to Judaism - so Alex was raised, for the most part, in a Jewish environment. She, however, is mild in her following and wants to be ready if he asks her to Mass. So we have decided that she and I will attend a Catholic Mass in the city sometime soon - to waylay any fears that she will break out in a rash in a Catholic church - which for her, is a very real fear. We both have Mass plans in the works, and she seems to like the guy - so we feel it will be a good experience nonetheless.
PEACE TALKS
Before mojitos with Alex, I had a very nice diner dinner with the Third Party of the Wye River peace accord process. I have to say that even though the peace talks will never happen, I have now realized the power of the Third Party. He's a good lot, and I feel that the Second Party may have brought me to the Third - a decent man who is becoming a real friend.

No comments: