Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hair, Internal Freak Out, and Bathing

SOME STUFF:
1) Cut your hair Rapunzel, or the maintenance man will climb up it while your sleeping and take that snow shovel to your face.
2) I interface with a majority of men on a daily basis at work and today, I realize that we really do speak different languages when it comes to - well - anything. Case in point:
AB: Hey, what TV router number is the Times Square studio coming in on?
Man: I don't know - call TV-3.
AB: Shouldn't I call Newsone, as TV-3 is the White House pool - out of DC?
Man: Yes, call TV-3.
AB: But TV-3 is out of Washington - we need the Times Square studios - here in New York. We are here in New York.
Man: What's the status with David Muir at Kennedy airport?
AB: What?! (brain shift) I emailed him - haven't heard back but our edit bays are slammed - don't think we could take him in if he called to file now anyway.
Man: Okay - have we been in touch with JetBlue corporate? On the stranded passengers?
AB: Muir will likely have that in his Good Morning America package.
Man: Have we reached out to him to file?
AB: YES - I just told you I emailed him.
Man: Oh - look at the [inhouse] monitor, the stranded JetBlue passengers are at the Times Square studio - what TV router is that on?
AB: (Brain shift) I was trying to set that up - I asked you that earlier.
Man: Oh right - call Newsone for the router. And reach out to David Muir for him to file.
[[Internal AB: AHHHHHHH - SOMEONE SAVE ME!!! Please - anyone - walk into the newsroom, pick me up in a "crossing the threshold" kinda way, and cart me out of here! Am I speaking jibberish - or even jive? Am I fully alert? Is this coffee doing any good? Am I here? Where am I? Who am I? Who's on first?]]
3) Have the weekend off - which I'm fully excited about. Even more excited because DC Steve is coming into town for some fun NYC time. We are even going to try and check out the Russian/Turkish bath house - which from the look of the pictures and the menu of services on the website - mean men rejects from the 1989 movie "Gleaming the Cube" will beat us senseless with Platza Oak Leaves. www.russianturkishbaths.com
4) I'm also off on Monday and Tuesday - which means I've got some President's Day sales shopping to attend to.

1 comment:

KinglyCharacter said...

I can totally picture the scene with "man" unfolding. Almost as if it had happened to me..hmmm