Monday, May 21, 2007

Megan & Me

Yesterday, even though I was out sick from work with a big ol' red eye - Alex insisted I not spend the day banished to my apartment. On a brunch jaunt, we stumbled on to the International Food Festival - which went for a mile up 9th Ave. We walked and people gawked, before scoring an outside table at Arriba, Arriba. Over margaritas, we met a group of interesting people - many of whom worked for The Travel Channel.
The highlight was that I had a massive conversation with Megan McCormick of PBS' GlobeTrekker. She and Ian are my favorite hosts - so we gabbed and gabbed about her life, where she lives in NYC when she's not travelling, etc... She asked for my number when she was getting ready to leave. Now I'm totally wanting Megan to call - it's kind of like when you really hit it off with a guy, he gets your number, and you pray for him to call. Yeah, kinda completely girly pathetic.

No comments: