Friday, April 13, 2007

Diplomacy

SHUTTLE BUG
As mentioned in a previous post, shuttle diplomacy with guy that pulled "The Fadeaway" in November has yielded a unilateral agreement to meet. And tonight, bilateral talks are expected to resume for the first time in 5 months. I've thought a lot about what the outcome should be of such a high-level meeting. Here are my objectives:
1) To re-establish dialogue
2) To re-assert my own commitment to dialogue
3) To throw a drink in his face
Just kidding on #3. Truth is, I have a lot of feelings going into this meeting: very trepidacious, a little nervous, and excited. In short, I'm a mess.
*I so wish my girlfriends and others that believe in me would hide in a bathroom at the restaurant - checking my moods at every "bathroom break" and preventing me from drinking too much (because I tend to really throw 'em back when I'm nervous).
**Fitting that this is all happening Friday the 13th. It has all the makings of a disaster

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shellfish sandwich!