Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Throw Me Over

Last night was Night #1, Dating Anew, 'Back on the Horse"

Subject: Belgian Diamond Importer
Meeting Place: In front of the NYC Public Library, 6:30pm
Destination: outside bar at Bryant Park

Besides me sweating through a blowout in a humid, crowd-infested NYC rush hour traffic - I was excited about this guy - a fix-up first date. I had a picture, and thought he was cute. Also - he was from Belgium, and I like their chocolates.

Shortly into date, Fantasy and Reality Collided. It wasn't pretty.

He looked down on me from his Belgian beak when I ordered a Corona. He told me that he was soon taking a vacation with his on-again-off-again girlfriend. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?! He told me a lot of things. It was horrible - and I was like "Why are we doing this? Why are you on a date at all?" I somehow morphed into his best guy friend or something - where he was telling me the last girls he dated - the soon-to-be-happening fabulous vacation with established lady friend - and asking me for advice. It was weird. We sat there for 2.5 hours. We parted, and I was sooooo relieved.

2 comments:

Pestasaurus Rex said...

in the immortal words of lindsay lohan: wtf?

logangal said...

yep - this is my life. sucks in the city.