Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hipster Chris

So, had a date with my first pseudo-hipster the other night:

I was prepared for a guy who wore all black and had a shaved head. I was prepared for a guy who was too cool to laugh at my silly jokes and overall clumsiness. I was prepared for a liberal-minded "philosopher" who wanted to spout off social injustices and 'what's wrong with the media'. I was prepared for a guy who wanted to use his DJ status to showcase his cool and underground music playlist. I was prepared for aloofness, cool factor, and mystery.

The only thing I got that I expected was all black clothes and a shaved head. The rest was actually great.

We spent 4 hours at an E. Village bar - relaying and relating. It was momentous, as this hipster dude and moderately preppy blow-out girl actually had a lot of fun.

Got home around 1am - and he had already written me an email, which was nice. He's invited me to one of his spinning shows next week in Williamsburg. That leaves me just enough time to perfect a red stripe in my hair, buy leggings, and purchase some sort of asymmetrical shirt. Hipster mecca here I come!

1 comment:

Pestasaurus Rex said...

Don't forget your chunky-rimmed glasses!