Friday, August 10, 2007

Nothing Particular

THE SIGN
Yesterday, friends and I talking about the protocol for firing people. News is similar to financial services sector - you know you're in trouble when you arrive at work to find the Head of HR waiting for you in the front lobby. That's pretty much the sign. That got us thinking - what if the Head of HR was wearing a grim reaper costume?
THE 411
I hate that when you call 411 now - and if you just need a street address - you don't get the address. Operator instead automatically hooks you up to the phone number - and charges you to get an address texted to you. The fleecing of America...
VERBAGE
Speaking of texting, my friend Alexis will be appalled to learn that "text" is now a bonafide verb, recognized in the dictionary.
NERDS
Friend Ben is a new dad, and he seems more excited that his daughter's name is a palindrome than the fact that he has a daughter. We actually did high-fives over the name last night at dinner. Can you guess it, smarty pants?
DADDY WARBUCKS
Friend Steve bought me a $30 hairband at Barney's yesterday, and I tried on a $6000 quartz ring. Yeah - Ridiculous. Can't wait to sell out and marry for money. Until now, I've been a fool to fall for love - and that's gotten me alone and contemplating cats... lots of 'em.
BLACKJACK BLING
Forgot to mention, but last week - I nearly quadrupled my money at the Blackjack table in AC! I'm considering a career change.

No comments: