Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Total "Sucks in the City"

So very nicey lookingey doctory gentleman lives in an apartment one floor above me. I sometimes see him coming or going from building. We always exchange hellos, and he's always pretty eager to talk with me, which is nice.

Last night, we were on the elevator together and this is how our conversation went:

Him: "Cold out there." {lame but whatever}
Me: "Yeah - next month will likely be worse."
Him: "How long have you lived here?"
Me: "Since October"
Him: "Where did you live before that?"
Me: "I lived in the city - kinda near Hells Kitchen. I lived with someone there but live here by myself now."
Him: "Oh, that's rough."

As I walked out of the elevator I thought - why did he say "that's rough"? Then I thought - "Great - he thinks I just got out of a boyfriend relationship - when I meant just a roommate scenario."

He smells rebound. I smell NOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Relax. He's probably thinking of 99 ways to "console" you. Yum.

Unknown said...

I suppose next time something like this happens, you will know what to say next:

“Oh no, it’s nice to have a roommate, but I much prefer having my own space!"

I also think that when people say it's cold they are thinking it would be nice to have someone warm to hold in their arms. It's usually not that hard to bring up in the conversation.

Good luck!