Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Just Thinkin'

- Remember when your friends in college used to have glow-in-the-dark constellation stars on their dorm room ceilings? It was all pretty cool back then. Looking back, not at all.

- "American Idol" is genius. Its initial 2-hour shows (including worst of the worst) - hook you, connect you, and keep you checking in for more.

- On the way to work today, I saw 6 people jogging on my block. You could just smell the resolutions oozing out of their pores.

- Thank goodness for C-Span. How else can I catch up with all the presidential candidates without being at Elsa Cox's farmhouse on Sunday afternoon in Perry, Iowa?

- I can't believe how much I'm learning at my new job. I actually caught myself asking a guest if the so-called "January effect" is relevant for investors who weren't eyeballing small cap stocks. Who says that??? I do.

- Meeting blind date tomorrow night for bar trivia. Hoping that a "January effect" question is nestled somewhere in there...

- My neighbor's dog hates her new boyfriend. She might want to consider the 5-minute barking fits in her deal-breakers list.

No comments: