Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Not Adding Up with "The Economist"

I know what you're thinking... how could there be any problem with the renowned "Economist" mag? Well, there is... big-time.
I renewed a subscription for my brother for Christmas. I was charged twice. When I realized this error and called the mag's subscription service center, they said "Sorry - no problem - we'll credit you back for the one faulty subscription. Courtney Browne, right?" Wrong. My brother's name is not Courtney. I clear this all up in initial phone call. We part ways.

Two weeks later. No credit back yet. I call again. "So sorry, Ms. Browne, we'll credit you back for your order for Courtney Browne." Again, wrong. I try to clear up... speaking as clear as English as I possibly can. Again, met with "Apologies, Ms. Browne, we'll take care of it."

Now - nearly 5 weeks later - and they still haven't cleared up the credit back. And I just received a bill from "The Economist" for a 'Courtney Browne' subscription. I feel very sorry for the subscription person who will field my call tomorrow. For goodness sakes - it's "The Economist" - shouldn't they know how to add/allot and all 'dat?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quit yer whinin', Courtney.