Friday, June 15, 2007

FIRST THINGS FIRST
Sorry I haven't blogged about the 2nd leg of our Euro trip. Waiting for Heather to get back from her 2nd summer vacation... because she has the truly memorable pictures from Paris - where my words alone cannot do our overnight train story justice.
LAME TOURISM AD
Don't really think the Dominican Republic's tourism pitch... that it's an "inexhaustible" place works. It just sounds weird.
SHOUT OUT
Alex came up the big winner last night. Not only did she know where to grab the best sangria and tapas - she also introduced me to her super-rad friends, Diane and Carol.
CELL PHONE DUDE
Cell phone dude called, to thank me again for returning phone. Suggested we meet after a while - because he's "really busy over the next week-and-a-half." I zoned out and hung up. Then I showed him by eating an entire Cinnabon while spending lots of money shopping. Gastronomy & Retail Therapy.
BAG PROBLEM
Bought another Michael Kors bag - only because I succumbed to the saleswoman's pitch when she said the particular bag I was strumming in my hot little hands was flying off the shelves - and it was the last one. I also bought 2 handbags in Europe. Yeah, I have a problem.
IN-COMING COOPER
Me - walking home last night, south on 9th Ave, approx. 7:45pm
Him - walking north on 9th Ave, approx. 7:45pm
We pass, exchange quick glances, and I notice he's much shorter in person.
Anderson Cooper drive-by.

1 comment:

Pestasaurus Rex said...

like, how short? stallone short? cruise short? easily mistaken for a child short?

also does he walk like he does in the promo? you know, all pretend alpha male? "who walks like that" I said to steve.

your blog is great. rock on sister.