Saturday, July 28, 2007

Yummy Kimchi

Last night, headed to Koreatown with Heather to get some real Korean cuisine. Friend Kenny had promised to take me to Koreatown... but Kenny promises a lot of things... and I wait for no man. Heather was game enough for the gastronomical adventure.

Koreatown is awesome because you feel like you're in the middle another country, but it's not overwhelming and confusing like Chinatown. At least that's my opinion. It's also about 7 blocks away from my apartment, so that's clutch.

We had really great homemade dumplings at Mandoo bar... and a lot of Korean vodka. Overall - amazing experience. It's my new favorite Koreatown restaurant, though it's my only Koreatown restaurant so far...

2 comments:

Darrell Lubbens said...

Next time try to canine BBQ.

KiKi said...

So Young Pak got my friend Amy, who at the time worked at the Post and had to be there early the next morning, and I so housed off of Korean sweet potato vodka at the 1999 May Beach House Barfday Celebration that I have not wanted to dwell too much on either Korea or yams too much since then.