Saturday, July 7, 2007

Live Earth - Observations

We had 4 correspondents covering Live Earth today - which means I was inundated with concert stuff.
Some observations:

- Bald Phil Collins looked amazing and buff. Kinda hot.

- I nearly have Shakira's abs. Sonja - more crunches!

- Note to televised coverage: Show me Bloc Party, show me Kasabian.

- Got the sense that Jon Bon Jovi was not wanting to be all chummy with Richie Sambora. On stage and in interviews, Jon wasn't really warming to Sambora's attempts at camaraderie. Livin' on a Prayer still ruled though. My neck hurts.

- John Mayer is officially in love with himself. Post that on his blog.

- Aerial shots over Giants stadium showing the thousands of CO2-emitting cars didn't bode well for the cause. Cynical I know...

- Foo Fighters ruled the day in London. In my opin, Taylor Hawkins is the best on drums in the music-making business.

- Bravo to the person who sealed the deal in Sydney to get Crowded House in the line-up. I raised a lighter.

- I WANT, I WANT, I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE Roger Waters! His performance proves that Pink Floyd is truly one of the best bands of all time. However, there is no substituting Gilmore; get back together!!! Brain Damage, Eclipse and Pig blimp were spot on. I rocked out in my living room. The absolute best.

No comments: